Welcome to Carlow University
Carlow dining services are managed by Aladdin Food Management Services, LLC. Here at Carlow University we offer a program that meets the needs of today’s college student. Each year you will experience exciting changes, fresh menus, and new enhancements to your dining program. These changes are a result of the feedback and input of many students and staff members.
Dining Hall Meal Plan Info and Policies
Flexible meal plans are available for resident and non - resident students. Each plan includes meals to be eaten in Tiernan Dining Hall plus flex dollars for use in AJP, or the Dining Hall. Applications are available in the Student Affairs Office.
Resident Meal Plans
- 280 Blocks (meals) plus $50 in Flex Dollars
- 200 Blocks (meals) plus $125 in Flex Dollars
- 150 Blocks (meals) plus $160 in Flex Dollars
Commuter Meal Plans
- 20 Blocks (meals) and $20 in Flex Dollars: $130.00
- 30 Blocks (meals) and $30 in Flex Dollars: $195.00
- 50 Blocks (meals) and $50 in Flex Dollars: $300.00
Terms and Conditions for meal plans
- Students must present their ID to gain entrance into Tiernan Dining Hall.
- Blocks are exclusive to each student.
- You cannot use your blocks to purchase a meal for another student.
- Five guest passes will be provided to each student per semester to use at their discretion.
- Flex Dollars do not transfer from semester to semester.
- No carryout allowed, all food must be eaten in Tiernan Dining Hall.
- Flexible meal plans are available for resident and non - resident students.
- Each plan includes meals to be eaten in Tiernan Dining Hall plus flex dollars for use in Franny’s, AJP, or the Dining Hall.
Food Service Committee
The Food Service Committee, which is comprised of the Food Service Manager, Manager of Campus Operations, the Vice President for Student Services, and student representatives, welcomes your comments and suggestions concerning food service.
If you have any ideas about the Dining Hall or Meal Options, you may contact a committee member, drop a note in the suggestion box,email us a comment, or speak to the Food Service Director.
If you are interested in being a member of the committee contact the Food Service Director.
Special Dietary Needs
Students with special dietary needs should consult with the Food Service Director. All efforts will be made to meet the special needs of the student.
Meals On The Go
If a required school activity prohibits you from attending a meal(s), we will pack a meal(s) for you. Please have your department head or coach request your needs 2 days in advance with the Dining Manager. ID will be needed when an order is placed.
Aladdin and Carlow are proud to sponsor a trayless dining program. Trayless dining reduces our environmental footprint. It decreases waste, conserves natural resources (namely, energy and water) and reduces the introduction of polluting detergents, rinses and drying agents into the water table. Socially, trayless dining can provide educational awareness about environmental issues, while also potentially reinforcing a healthy living. It is an initiative that supports campus sustainability.
We understand that there is nothing more miserable than being ill and unable to make it to meals.
A student who is ill and unable to come to the Dining Hall may have a friend pick up a sick tray for them at the Dining Hall. A note from the student’s Residence Life Coordinator and their Student I.D. Card are required.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Everyone looks forward to our monthly buffets and special events. We have holiday-themed menus and events throughout the year. Please keep an eye on table tents, banners, and events calendar informing you of what is coming.
Lost Card Policy
You must present your ID card to the cashier each time you enter the Dining Hall. Please do not ask the cashier to admit you without your ID card.
Your understanding and observation of the following regulations will guarantee smooth, efficient operation of the Dining Hall.
- Dress code: Shoes and shirts must be worn in the dining room. All individuals should be dressed appropriately for mealtime - no hats , tank tops, see-through clothing and low-cut shirts.
- In order to provide a pleasant atmosphere in the dining room, radios , CD players and MP3 players may only be used with ear phones.
- Please make sure cell phones are set to a low volume or on vibrate. No extremely loud talking or horseplay is allowed.
- After dining, please return dinnerware to the dish return area, placing paper items in the appropriate waste bin.
Dining Area Restrictions
Removal of food or dinnerware from the dining area
Use of electronics devices that detract from the dining experience of other guests
Playing of personal music devices without headphones
Leaning back in Dining Room Chairs
Dining Hall personnel reserve the right to dismiss or suspend you from the dining area for inappropriate behavior.
Trouble opening the document?
Many of our documents require adobe reader. Download it for free below.